gooder楼主
见习作家
见习作家
帖子互动: 32
帖子: 394
注册时间: 2023年 10月 2日 18:58

#1 Inflation is back on track because of hot housing

帖子 gooder楼主 »

I have been saying the housing market is too hot and is out of control. The insane hot market is no good to anybody except that government can collect more money of property tax and other taxes.

High price of house does no good thing for owners and buyers and sellers. But, the governments are happy to collect more property tax and establish more ways to tax you.

The high price also keeps inflation soaring. I said before, i still think so. The fed needs to have rate hikes again. I believe the rate should reach about 9.0%. At this level, it will break something or lots of things. Yes, we will get into recession.

Let’s get a recession to restart everything.
上次由 gooder 在 2024年 5月 14日 22:36,总共编辑 1 次。
Melee
见习写手
见习写手
帖子互动: 1
帖子: 84
注册时间: 2023年 9月 22日 10:45

#2 Re: Inflation is back on track because of hot housing

帖子 Melee »

Agreed
winhao
知名作家
知名作家
帖子互动: 51
帖子: 922
注册时间: 2023年 2月 13日 20:08

#3 Re: Inflation is back on track because of hot housing

帖子 winhao »

gooder 写了: 2024年 5月 14日 22:35 I have been saying the housing market is too hot and is out of control. The insane hot market is no good to anybody except that government can collect more money of property tax and other taxes.

High price of house does no good thing for owners and buyers and sellers. But, the governments are happy to collect more property tax and establish more ways to tax you.

The high price also keeps inflation soaring. I said before, i still think so. The fed needs to have rate hikes again. I believe the rate should reach about 9.0%. At this level, it will break something or lots of things. Yes, we will get into recession.

房地产是普通人最好的投资。
tend
职业作家
职业作家
帖子互动: 43
帖子: 766
注册时间: 2022年 10月 27日 19:35
昵称(选填): tend

#4 Re: Inflation is back on track because of hot housing

帖子 tend »

gooder 写了: 2024年 5月 14日 22:35 I have been saying the housing market is too hot and is out of control. The insane hot market is no good to anybody except that government can collect more money of property tax and other taxes.

因为通胀才导致的房地产价格上涨
winhao
知名作家
知名作家
帖子互动: 51
帖子: 922
注册时间: 2023年 2月 13日 20:08

#5 Re: Inflation is back on track because of hot housing

帖子 winhao »

tend 写了: 2024年 5月 15日 00:26 因为通胀才导致的房地产价格上涨
是的,很多人因果关系弄反。

啥都贵,当然房价也涨了。

利率高,购房成本增加,当然房价涨了。

房子卖了,再次置业,成本增加,当然不肯卖房了。推动房价涨。死循环。只有上涨一条路。
trieste
著名点评
著名点评
帖子互动: 157
帖子: 3464
注册时间: 2022年 8月 22日 05:59

#6 Re: Inflation is back on track because of hot housing

帖子 trieste »

要把房价降下来,只能继续砍人。也就是说失业率上去。
indeed昨天宣布裁员8%。
Tech行业搞不好又得来一轮layoff或者隐蔽的layoff(比如PIP)。
pinfish
论坛精英
论坛精英
帖子互动: 200
帖子: 7287
注册时间: 2022年 7月 23日 23:56

#7 Re: Inflation is back on track because of hot housing

帖子 pinfish »

停止印钱,增加供应
我帝现在没有干苦力活的人
trieste 写了: 2024年 5月 15日 01:57 要把房价降下来,只能继续砍人。也就是说失业率上去。
indeed昨天宣布裁员8%。
Tech行业搞不好又得来一轮layoff或者隐蔽的layoff(比如PIP)。
gooder楼主
见习作家
见习作家
帖子互动: 32
帖子: 394
注册时间: 2023年 10月 2日 18:58

#8 Re: Inflation is back on track because of hot housing

帖子 gooder楼主 »

tend 写了: 2024年 5月 15日 00:26 因为通胀才导致的房地产价格上涨
Not really true. Housing inflation is one of the culprits. Look how much it has gone up since pandemic, 100% and over.

The fed and local governments mishandled the situation and made the situation worse. Biden knows nothing but borrow money. Local governments welcomed and created the housing crisis so that they can collect more tax to increase their salary and incentive. One of beneficiaries is the developer and builders. They have been enjoying the margin and bargaining price.

I bought housing etf ITB, I know they will keep going up because their profits goes unparalleled historically
sp500
知名人士
知名人士
帖子互动: 4
帖子: 64
注册时间: 2024年 5月 6日 11:03

#9 Re: Inflation is back on track because of hot housing

帖子 sp500 »

The housing price is very sticky due to the 30 year fixed interest mortgage.

Very few people with their sub 3% interest want to sell so there is very limited supply for the buyers. With the widespread practice of working from home, people can stay at the same place much longer than before.

Unless there is significant increase of unemployment rate, the housing price and also stock price will not come down dramatically. It will be a long time for the CPI to come to 2%. The Fed can keep their interest higher and longer.

Increasing the unemployment rate significantly will damage Powell and Biden severely so it will never happen.
x2 图片
sp500
知名人士
知名人士
帖子互动: 4
帖子: 64
注册时间: 2024年 5月 6日 11:03

#10 Re: Inflation is back on track because of hot housing

帖子 sp500 »

Never hope a recession from the Fed any time soon.

The recession may come suddenly with some unknown external trigger, hehe.
fyou
论坛点评
论坛点评
帖子互动: 168
帖子: 2995
注册时间: 2023年 8月 13日 17:28
昵称(选填): baise moi

#11 Re: Inflation is back on track because of hot housing

帖子 fyou »

楼主发阴文的原因是????装逼???
Poker
著名写手
著名写手
帖子互动: 14
帖子: 289
注册时间: 2023年 12月 5日 21:28
昵称(选填): Poker

#12 Re: Inflation is back on track because of hot housing

帖子 Poker »

房价上涨由供需决定,两个因素:1,covid 促使人们在家工作,需要大的房子,例证就是办公楼空置价格下降。2, 大批移民涌入美国,住房需求增加。
房租房价上涨促使工资上涨从而加速通货膨胀
再一个因素就是最低工资增长使得用工成本增加。
你分析一下就知道,进口的电子产品衣服都没有涨价,只有跟美国有关的产品和服务大涨。
消除通胀也有
Hilfiger
见习作家
见习作家
帖子互动: 14
帖子: 427
注册时间: 2022年 7月 26日 09:12

#13 Re: Inflation is back on track because of hot housing

帖子 Hilfiger »

Poker 写了: 2024年 5月 15日 10:40 房价上涨由供需决定,两个因素:1,covid 促使人们在家工作,需要大的房子,例证就是办公楼空置价格下降。2, 大批移民涌入美国,住房需求增加。
房租房价上涨促使工资上涨从而加速通货膨胀
再一个因素就是最低工资增长使得用工成本增加。
你分析一下就知道,进口的电子产品衣服都没有涨价,只有跟美国有关的产品和服务大涨。
消除通胀也有
昨天加了关税了,看来电子产品衣服涨价也快了。
trieste
著名点评
著名点评

#14 Re: Inflation is back on track because of hot housing

帖子 trieste »

gooder 写了: 2024年 5月 15日 07:21 Not really true. Housing inflation is one of the culprits. Look how much it has gone up since pandemic, 100% and over.

The fed and local governments mishandled the situation and made the situation worse. Biden knows nothing but borrow money. Local governments welcomed and created the housing crisis so that they can collect more tax to increase their salary and incentive. One of beneficiaries is the developer and builders. They have been enjoying the margin and bargaining price.

I bought housing etf ITB, I know they will keep going up because their profits goes unparalleled historically
True. 大家的房产税都增加了,本地政府大概高兴死了,啥都没干,手里budget就多的花不完了。
trieste
著名点评
著名点评

#15 Re: Inflation is back on track because of hot housing

帖子 trieste »

fyou 写了: 2024年 5月 15日 09:08 楼主发阴文的原因是????装逼???
挺好。
if you don't reach English, most likely you didn't pass GRE, you are not one of us.
bam
论坛元老
论坛元老
帖子互动: 519
帖子: 20935
注册时间: 2022年 7月 23日 20:43

#16 Re: Inflation is back on track because of hot housing

帖子 bam »

trieste 写了: 2024年 5月 15日 19:01 True. 大家的房产税都增加了,本地政府大概高兴死了,啥都没干,手里budget就多的花不完了。
花不完?你弟别的本事没有,花钱那是宇宙第一
Sinner
职业作家
职业作家
帖子互动: 43
帖子: 751
注册时间: 2023年 1月 10日 09:07
昵称(选填): Wrist lag

#17 Re: Inflation is back on track because of hot housing

帖子 Sinner »

pinfish 写了: 2024年 5月 15日 02:03 停止印钱,增加供应
我帝现在没有干苦力活的人