sweetsister楼主
论坛支柱
论坛支柱
sweetsister 的博客
帖子: 10667
注册时间: 7月 22, 2022, 7:15 am

#1 川普hush money trial 目前确定了7名陪审员,其中第二号陪审员因为担心暴露身份,今早退出了

帖子 sweetsister楼主 »

The final jury will include a total of 12 jurors, and six alternates. Here's what we know about the jurors in the Trump trial so far:

Juror #1
Juror #1 is a man originally from Ireland who now lives in New York and works in sales. He was assigned by the judge to be foreperson. He enjoys the outdoors and gets his news from the New York Times, the Daily Mail, Fox News and MSNBC.

Juror #2
The second juror, who has since been dismissed, was a woman who lives in Manhattan and works as a nurse. She said she likes taking her dog for a walk, and gets her news primarily from the New York Times, CNN and Google. "I'm here for my civic duty. I'm here just to listen to the facts," she said in court Tuesday.

But when court resumed on Thursday, Judge Juan Merchan said Juror #2 had called the court to say she was second-guessing her ability to remain impartial. In court, she said she "definitely has concerns now" after friends and family asked her if she was a juror, based on reports in the media about those who have been selected.

"Aspects of my identity have already been out there in public. Yesterday alone, I had friends and family push things to me," she told the court on Thursday. "I don't think at this point that I can be fair and unbiased."

Merchan immediately reprimanded the press for reporting what he considers too much information about the jurors. He said questions about potential jurors' employers would be redacted from the court record moving forward, and directed reporters not to mention jurors' physical appearance.

Juror #3
Juror #3 is a corporate lawyer originally from Oregon. He said he likes to go hiking, and gets his news from The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and Google. He said he was "not super familiar with the other charges" that Trump faces and doesn't "follow the news that closely."

Juror #4
Originally from Puerto Rico, Juror #4 said he reads The New York Daily News and The New York Times, and cited "my family" as his hobby. An IT consultant, he described Trump as "fascinating and mysterious."

Juror #5
The fifth juror is a middle school English teacher who said she is not very interested in politics or the news, which she gets from The New York Times and TikTok. While her friends have strong opinions about Trump, she said she does not. She offered this opinion under questioning from one of Trump's lawyers: "President Trump speaks his mind. I would rather that in a person than someone who's in office and you don't know what they're doing behind the scenes."

Juror #6
A software engineer, Juror #6 said she can treat Trump as she would any other person on trial. She reads The New York Times and uses TikTok.

Juror #7
A civil litigator, Juror #7 said he enjoys time outdoors with his children. He told the court he reads The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, the New York Post and The Washington Post. He likes the podcasts "Smartless" and "Car Talk."
pingc223
职业作家
职业作家
帖子: 729
注册时间: 5月 24, 2023, 11:07 pm
昵称(选填): jinge

#2 Re: 川普hush money trial 目前确定了7名陪审员,其中第二号陪审员因为担心暴露身份,今早退出了

帖子 pingc223 »

想找完全无倾向性的jurors太难了,没办法,聚聚名气太大,天下无人不知。
头像
sweetsister楼主
论坛支柱